Scapular Exercise: Wall Push-Ups
This exercise is best done with your fingers moderately turned out, rather than straight up and down.
- Stand facing a wall, about 12 in. to 18 in. (30 cm to 45 cm) away.
- Place your hands on the wall at shoulder height.
- Slowly bend your elbows and bring your face to the wall, keeping your back and hips straight.
- Push back to the starting position.
- Repeat 8 to 12 times.
- When you can do this exercise against a wall comfortably, you can try it against a counter. You can then slowly progress to the end of a couch, then to a sturdy chair, and finally to the floor.
Primary Medical ReviewerWilliam H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
Specialist Medical ReviewerTimothy Bhattacharyya, MD
Current as ofMay 22, 2015