Learn how to make your own beef bone broth at home. Watch the recipe video.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add bones in a single layer to a heavy duty rimmed sheet tray. Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Roast the bones for 25 minutes until well browned.
- Add the roasted bones, apple cider vinegar, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, parsley, thyme, bay leaf, peppercorns, and salt to a large stockpot and cover with the 6 quarts of water.
- Boil then reduce to a low simmer and cook for at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Skim the surface of foam and impurities, every few hours as it cooks.
- Remove the meat and bones with tongs or a spider and discard. Drain the remaining solids off by setting a colander and a fine mesh sieve over a large bowl.
- Cool then divide into a covered container, and refrigerate up to 5 days.