Here smoky-flavored grilled mushrooms are served over a black-bean-and-hominy succotash. Serve with: Cornbread and an avocado-and-tomato salad.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Brush tops of mushrooms caps and both sides of zucchini and bell pepper with oil. Grill along with corn, turning occasionally, until tender and lightly charred on all sides, 5 to 6 minutes for the mushrooms, zucchini and bell pepper and 8 to 10 minutes for the corn.
- Whisk vinegar, brown sugar, paprika and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large skillet. Add the grilled mushroom caps and turn to coat. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove the pan from the heat. Transfer the mushrooms to a cutting board.
- Meanwhile, cut corn kernels off the cobs and cut the zucchini and bell peppers into 3/4-inch pieces. Add to the marinade in the pan along with black beans, hominy, lima beans and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Return the pan to medium heat and cook, stirring, until the succotash is heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Slice the mushroom caps and serve on top of the succotash. Garnish with a dollop of barbecue sauce and pepitas (if using).