We love the texture and flavor of this bread. Some people prefer tart cranberries in this bread, while others might want to toss their cranberries in a couple of tablespoons of sugar before stirring them into the batter. In the off-season, you can even make this bread with dried cranberries.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9x5-inch loaf pan with canola cooking spray (or lightly grease and flour).
- Beat canola oil, buttermilk, and sugar together until fully blended. Slowly beat in the egg and egg substitute.
- Blend flour, salt, and baking powder together, then slowly beat the dry mixture into the egg mixture. On low, beat in the orange zest and orange juice.
- Gently stir in the walnuts and cranberries. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake about 60-65 minutes (or until tester inserted in center comes out clean). Cool in pan 10 minutes before inverting onto wire rack.