These Asian-spiced skewers are great as an entrée, as the featured ingredient in a main dish salad, or as an appetizer. You can also prepare this dish using an indoor grill or oven broiler.
- Add hoisin sauce, sherry, soy sauce, barbecue sauce, green onions, garlic, and ginger to a small bowl and whisk together well.
- Cut steak across the grain, on a diagonal, into 1/4-inch slices. Cut the slices into 2-inch long pieces. Place beef pieces in a 1-gallon resealable plastic bag.
- Pour marinade mixture over the beef and mix to coat the meat well. Seal bag and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat outdoor grill for high heat. Thread the steak pieces on metal skewers, alternating with vegetables.
- Lightly oil the grill, or coat it with canola cooking spray. Grill skewers until meat achieves desired doneness (3-4 minutes per side).