Makes: 10 bars
Calories from Fat
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- On floured surface, roll out puff pastry to 11”x16”.
- Cut in half lengthwise and place both halves on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Pierce pastry with fork in several places. Bake 7-10 minutes or until puffed and golden. Cool on rack.
- Blend confectioner’s sugar, cornstarch, egg yolks, sugar, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons of the milk in medium bowl with a whisk. Set aside.
- Bring remaining milk (3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons) and 2 1/2 cups yogurt to a boil in a medium saucepan, while whisking.
- Stir hot milk-yogurt mixture into sugar, confectioner’s sugar, egg, and cornstarch mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Return to saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until thickened to pudding consistency.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest.
- Refrigerate mixture for 20 minutes.
- On a clean surface or large cutting board, spread the thickened, slightly-cooled filling on one piece of the pastry.
- Refrigerate additional 20 minutes or until set.
- For frosting, combine remaining yogurt and confectioner’s sugar in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate if not used immediately.
- To assemble, place the plain piece of puff pastry on top of piece with filling on it. Frost.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Before serving, slice into 10 bars. Top with berries, and if desired, dust with additional confectioner’s sugar.