- Sauté turkey bacon slices in large nonstick skillet or frying pan until cooked, then crumble into small pieces.
- Put lamb, salt, pepper, and flour in large mixing bowl and toss to coat meat evenly. Coat bottom of large, nonstick skillet or frying pan with 1 tablespoon canola oil, and brown meat over medium-high heat on all sides (5-7 minutes). If you want to fry the meat in two batches, coat the pan each time with 1/2 tablespoon of the oil.
- Put browned meat into a stockpot. Add another tablespoon of canola oil to the frying pan and sauté the garlic and yellow onion until onion begins to become golden.
- Deglaze frying pan with 1/2 cup water. Add the garlic-onion mixture to the stockpot with bacon pieces, beef broth, and sugar. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients to pot and simmer covered for 30-35 minutes (until vegetables are tender).