How simple and delicious are berries topped with a rich custard and baked into a crusty dessert (or breakfast) gratin. No one will ever guess that you've replaced much of the butter in traditional almond cream with tofu.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 1-quart gratin dish or a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Spread almonds in a shallow baking pan and bake until light golden and fragrant, 4 to 6 minutes. Let cool.
- Place sugar (or Splenda), flour, salt and almonds in a food processor; process until finely ground. Add egg, tofu, butter and almond extract; process until smooth.
- Spread berries evenly in the prepared gratin dish. Scrape the almond mixture over the top, spreading evenly.
- Bake the gratin until light golden and set, 40 to 50 minutes. Let cool for at least 20 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve warm.