These powdered-sugar cookies end up on many a holiday cookie platter and are one of my personal favorites. Here's a light rendition I love just as much.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a mixing bowl, beat margarine and vanilla until smooth.
- In a 4-cup measure, whisk 1/4 cup of the powdered sugar, sugar substitute, and both flours together, then beat into the butter mixture until just blended.
- On low speed, beat in the chopped walnuts.
- Use a cookie scoop (1/8 cup) to place the dough on an ungreased nonstick cookie sheet or jellyroll pan, 2 inches apart. Using your fingers, press down on the dough balls to flatten to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until starting to lightly brown. Let cool, then roll in the remaining 1 cup of powdered sugar.