Superfine angel hair and delicate scallops are coated with a light lemon, white wine and caper sauce.
- Put a large pot of water on to boil.
- Sprinkle scallops on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and add the scallops; cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 6 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
- Cook pasta in the boiling water until not quite tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and rinse.
- Whisk wine, clam juice and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth.
- Cook garlic in the pan over medium-high heat, stirring often, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the wine mixture; bring to a boil and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, capers and butter; cook until the butter melts, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Return the scallops to the pan, add the pasta and cook, stirring gently, until heated through and coated with the sauce, about 1 minute. Stir in parsley and serve immediately.