- First, make scallion oil: Blanch scallions briefly in boiling water. Then place scallions and vinegar into a blender and puree until very smooth. Add the oil while the blender is running to form an emulsion. Season to taste with salt.
- Next, prepare filling: Place shrimp, oil, sugar, parsley, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper into food processor and quickly pulse to make a coarse and chunky paste. Remove puree, put cooked rice into processor, and quickly puree just to break up the grains. Combine the rice, shrimp, and diced vegetables and mix.
- Fill the wonton wrappers with shrimp filling as directed on wonton package. (If making ahead, transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment; refrigerate or freeze until ready to cook.)
- To cook wontons, heat a small amount of oil in large sauté pan and cook filled wontons lightly golden brown. Turn on side; add just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan. Cover; steam until centers are cooked, 4-5 minutes.
- To serve, place banana leaves (if using) in the bottom of steamer basket or dish, then place the wontons on top of the leaves. Top each wonton with scallion oil, sesame seeds, and sliced scallions as desired. Place sets of chopsticks around the basket and serve individual containers of dipping sauce on the side.