You may want to print out this page and take it with you to your appointment. These illustrations will help you follow the discussion with your health care provider.
Also, the doctor may ask you these questions during your office visit. Take the time to go over them now, so you can get the most out of the time you spend in the exam room.
- Do you get cold sores?
- Have you had sores or rashes anywhere between the waist and mid-thigh?
- Do you have such symptoms now, and if so, when did they appear?
- When did you last have sex?
- What areas might have been exposed to the virus (for example, the penis, vagina, or anus) during sexual activity?
- How many sex partners have you had in your lifetime?
- Have you ever had sex with someone you knew had genital herpes?
- Have you had sex with a new partner within the past month?
- Do you always use condoms?