How does someone care for their wound after the pacemaker implant?
- Keep the area where the pacemaker was inserted clean and dry. After about five days, you may take a shower. Look at your wound daily to make sure it is healing. Call your doctor if you notice: Increased drainage or bleeding from the insertion site
- Increased opening of the incision
- Redness around the incision site
- Warmth along the incision
- Increased body temperature (fever or chills)
From: Heart Failure and Biventricular Pacemakers WebMD Medical Reference
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.