When should you call your doctor about GI tests?
After the GI tests, or fluoroscopy, call your doctor if you have:
- A temperature of 101 degrees Fahrenheit or higher. This could be a sign of infection and should be treated right away.
- A marked change in bowel habits (such as no bowel movement in two or three days after the test); remember, it is normal for your stool to have a white or light color for up to three days after the test.
- Worsening of pain
- Any unusual rectal drainage
- Other symptoms that cause concern
- Questions about the test or the results
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.