Inflammatory Bowel Disease Crohns Disease Medical Reference
IBD in People of Color
- What Is Parenteral Nutrition?
Parenteral nutrition is when you receive nutrition intravenously. Learn more about why you'd need it, what to expect, and more.
- Tips to Avoid Dehydration With IBD
Dehydration may be a problem if you have inflammatory bowel disease. Find out what you can do about it with these tips.
- Causes of Colon Erosion
What causes inflammatory erosions or ulcers in your colon? Colon erosions can happen for many reasons, from Crohn’s disease to gut infection from tiny parasites. Find out why you may be at risk for colon erosions if you have one of these conditions.
- Does IBD Raise Your Risk of Blood Clots?
Find out how inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) may increase your odds of getting a blood clot and what you can do to prevent it.
- Body of Symptoms: IBD Affects More Than Your Gut
IBD symptoms aren’t limited to your gut. The disease can affect you from head to toe.
- Crohn’s & Ulcerative Colitis: Know the Difference?
Both Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis are inflammatory bowel diseases. They share many symptoms, so it’s easy to confuse them. Know what sets each one apart.
- Crohn's Drugs That Target Your Immune System
Learn about drugs that reduce inflammation in Crohn's disease by targeting the immune system.
- What Is Microscopic Colitis?
Find out about the symptoms, types, and treatment of microscopic colitis, a type of inflammation of the colon.
- Crohn's Disease: Diet and Nutrition
Which foods might make your Crohn’s symptoms worse -- or better? Find out more about Crohn’s disease and diet.
- Choosing a Doctor for Inflammatory Bowel Disease
WebMD gives you tips for choosing the right doctor to treat irritable bowel disease, including ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Symptoms and Treatment
Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) can come with painful flare-ups. Find out the symptoms and treatments and prepare to talk to your doctor.