What are tips to reduce stress to increase fertility?
The American Society of Reproductive Medicine offers these tips for reducing stress:
- Keep the lines of communication open with your partner.
- Get emotional support. A couples' counselor, support groups, or books can help you cope.
- Try out some stress-reduction techniques such as meditation or yoga.
- Cut down on caffeine and other stimulants.
- Exercise regularly to release your physical and emotional tension.
- Agree on a medical treatment plan, including financial limits, with your partner.
- Learn as much as you can about the cause of your infertility and your treatment options.
More Answers On Infertility and Reproduction
- What are the advantages of gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) and zygote intrafallopian transfer (ZIFT)?
- What types of infertility can gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) and zygote intrafallopian transfer (ZIFT) treat?
- What happens during gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT)?
- What are the success rates of gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) and zygote intrafallopian transfer (ZIFT)?
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.