What problems are associated with hypogonadism?
When it happens in adult men, hypogonadism may cause the following problems:
- Erectile dysfunction (the inability to achieve or maintain an erection)
- Decreased sex drive
- Decrease in beard and growth of body hair
- Decrease in size or firmness of the testicles
- Decrease in muscle mass and increase in body fat
- Lose of bone mass (osteoporosis)
- Enlarged male breast tissue
- Hot flashes, mood swings, irritability, depression, fatigue
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.