What are common traits of people with schizoid personality disorder?
People with schizoid personality disorder often are reclusive, organizing their lives to avoid contact with other people. They may:
- Not desire close relationships, even with family members.
- Choose solitary jobs and activities.
- Take pleasure in few activities, including sex.
- Have no close friends, except first-degree relatives.
- Have difficulty relating to others.
- Be indifferent to praise or criticism.
- Be aloof and show little emotion.
- Daydream or create vivid fantasies of complex inner lives.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.