When should I seek help for managing my stress?
You should get help in dealing with your stress when you experience any of the following:
- A big drop in work/school performance
- Lots of anxiety
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Can't cope with demands of daily life
- Irrational fears
- Obsession with food and fear of becoming obese
- Changes in sleeping or eating habits
- Lingering illnesses
- Suicidal thoughts or urges to hurt others
- Self-mutilation, self-destructive or dangerous behavior
- Withdrawn mood or behavior that doesn't go away
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.