What are the common side effects of IV steroid treatment for multiple sclerosis?
Not everyone experiences side effects from IV steroid treatment, but the most common are:
- Stomach irritation, such as indigestion and heartburn
- Increased energy
- Rapid heartbeat
- Flushing of the face, neck, or chest
- Feeling warm or cool
- Retaining fluid (avoid table salt and salty foods)
- Mood changes (euphoria, irritability, nervousness, restlessness) or mood swings
- Metallic taste in the mouth
More Answers On Multiple Sclerosis
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.