How do you care for bonded teeth?
Bonded teeth don't need special care. Just follow good oral hygiene practices:
Because bonding material can chip, you shouldn't:
If you do notice any sharp edges on a bonded tooth, or if your tooth feels odd when you bite down, call your dentist.
- Brush your teeth at least two times a day
- Floss at least once a day
- Rinse with an antiseptic mouthwash once or twice a day
- See your dentist for regular professional checkups and cleanings.
- Bite your fingernails
- Chew on pens, ice, or other hard food objects
- Use your bonded teeth as an opener.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.