Osteoarthritis Medical Reference
What Is Arcoxia for Osteoarthritis?
- What to Know About Prolotherapy
Find out what you need to know about prolotherapy, and discover the pros, cons, risks, and benefits, and how it may affect health.
- What Is Regenokine?
Regenokine is a type of regenerative medicine. Learn more about what conditions it treats, what to expect, and more.
- Tricompartmental Osteoarthritis
Tricompartmental osteoarthritis is a form of arthritis that affects all three compartments inside your knee. Learn the signs of this form of OA, how you can treat it, and how to prevent it.
- Complications of Osteoarthritis
Learn about complications of osteoarthritis. What are they, and how do you treat them?
- Medial Compartment Osteoarthritis
What Is medial compartment osteoarthritis? What causes it? How do you treat it? Learn what you need to know.
- Knee Braces for Osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis is a painful condition that wears away your joints’ cartilage. Your doctor could suggest a knee brace to treat your osteoarthritis. What are the pros and cons, and what types of braces are available?
- Hyalgan vs. Synvisc: Differences and Similarities
Should you try Hyalgan or Synvisc for osteoarthritis pain relief? Both injection treatments treat joints worn down by arthritis. They help lubricate sore joints so you have less pain and more mobility. Find out how long they take to work, and which therapy could help you put off knee replacement for a longer time.
- Knee and Hip Exercises for Osteoarthritis
The right exercises can actually help ease your osteoarthritis. Here’s a few tips to get you started.
- Stages of Knee Osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis develops in stages and gets worse over time. Find out more about how it affects your body at every stage.
- Triggers and Treatments for Arthritis Flare-Ups
Your arthritis symptoms can be worse on some days than others. Learn more about what can trigger an uncomfortable flare-up and how to treat it.
- Subchondral Bone Cyst
What is a subchondral bone cyst? What causes it? How is it treated? Get all the answers you need.
- Heberden's Nodes: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments
If you have osteoarthritis of the fingers, you might get Heberden's nodes. Find out what these bumps look like and what to do about them.
- Subchondral Sclerosis: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Subchondral sclerosis is a thickening of bone seen in joints affected by osteoarthritis. Get the facts.
- Hip Replacement Surgery: Is It Time?
If you're considering hip replacement surgery, here are some things that can help you decide if it's right for you.
- Osteoarthritis: When Your Doctor Should Help
When OA is too much to handle on your own, your doctor and other health professionals can lend a hand. Learn when it’s a good idea to ask them for help.
- Start Your Own Walking Program for OA
Walking is an easy way to reduce pain, ease stiffness, and shed pounds. Get started with this joint-friendly plan.
- Better Sleep With Osteoarthritis
Tips to improve sleep with osteoarthritis, including pillows, sleep position, pain medications, and exercise.
- What Is Resection Arthroplasty?
During resection arthroplasty surgery, your doctor removes part of a joint to relieve pain and other symptoms. Find out when you might need it, how to get ready, and what to expect.
- Your New Knee: Rehab and Physical Therapy
You’ve just had knee replacement surgery. Learn what you can do now to make sure the surgery is a complete success.
- Do I Need Surgery for Osteoarthritis?
What are the pros and cons of getting surgery for my osteoarthritis?
- What Medications Treat Osteoarthritis?
What medications should I take to treat my osteoarthritis?
- What Are the Treatments for Osteoarthritis?
What are the best ways of managing your osteoarthritis?
- What’s Knee Replacement Surgery?
Knee replacement surgery is one of the most common bone surgeries in the U.S. If you have severe arthritis, an injury, or a condition that affects your knees, learn more about the type of surgery that might be right for you.
- What Is Osteotomy?
This type of surgery cuts and reshapes your bones. It’s used to treat a damaged joint and can even stave off a hip or knee replacement.
- What is Joint Fusion Surgery?
“Welding” together the bones in a joint can offer relief for severe arthritis pain. But this surgery does have risks, and a long recovery time.
- Home Remedies for Osteoarthritis
Learn the best at-home remedies for osteoarthritis. Here, WebMD provides simple ways to take healing into your own hands.
- Runner's Knee vs. Osteoarthritis
If your knee hurts and you're wondering what's going on, here's how you can tell the difference between runner's knee and OA.
- How Weight Loss Can Help Your Knee Osteoarthritis
Want some pain relief from OA in your knees? Find out how much weight you need to lose to feel a difference.
- What to Know About Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Treatment
Find out what you need to know about platelet-rich plasma treatment, and discover the risks and benefits, and how it may affect health.
- What Is Hemarthrosis?
Hemarthrosis is characterized by bleeding in your joints. Learn about the causes, symptoms, and treatment options for this condition today.
- What Is Hallux Limitus?
Hallux limitus is a condition affecting the flexibility of your big toe. Learn more about the causes, symptoms, and treatment options for this condition today.
- How Osteoarthritis Hurts Ankles
Learn the causes and symptoms of osteoarthritis of the ankle.
- Questions for Doctor: Knee and Hip Replacement Surgery
If you're considering hip replacement or knee replacement surgery, here are some questions you should ask your doctor first.
- 10 Quick Facts About Knee and Hip Osteoarthritis
Learn key info about knee and hip osteoarthritis, such as symptoms, exercise that helps, joint replacement surgery, and more.
- Osteoarthritis: 10 Tips for Self-Care at Home
Take control of your arthritis from the comfort of your home. Here are 10 tips to easing symptoms.
- How to Prepare for Hip Replacement Surgery
Hip replacement has become a common and safe surgery. Use these tips to speed your recovery after surgery and help assure a successful result.
- Timeline: Hip Replacement Surgery
What to expect after hip replacement surgery -- from the day of the operation to three months later.
- Osteoarthritis Medications and Surgery
These medications and surgical procedures for osteoarthritis can help you live a life with less pain.
- Exercise Can Ease Osteoarthritis Pain
Exercise can be a big help when fighting against joint pain due to osteoarthritis. Find some safe, simple ways to add movement to your routine.
- Healthy Eating for Knee Osteoarthritis
Find out what foods can help improve the pain and stiffness that go along with osteoarthritis.
- Best Stretches for Arthritis Morning Stiffness
People with arthritis often wake up with stiff joints, but a few daily stretches can help a lot. WebMD offers tips.
- Arthritis Pain Relief: Risks and Benefits
Learn about the various medications, supplements, and alternative treatments available to relieve pain caused by osteoarthritis.
- Your Guide to Joint Replacement for Osteoarthritis
WebMD answers your questions about joint replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Prevention
WebMD explains how to help prevent the development of osteoarthritis (OA), including weight control and exercise.
- Corticosteroid Injections for Osteoarthritis
WebMD explains the use of corticosteroid injections for osteoarthritis joint pain.
- Hyaluronic Acid Injections for Osteoarthritis
If other osteoarthritis treatments haven’t worked for your knee pain, hyaluronic acid injections might do the trick. WebMD explains how this natural extract is used to restore easy movement in the joints.
- Knee Osteoarthritis: When to Consider Surgery
Learn about alternatives to joint replacement surgery to relieve your knee pain, plus how to know when you need to consider surgery.
- Steroids and Hyaluronic Acid for Osteoarthritis
WebMD compares different types of corticosteroid injections and hyaluronic acid injections for treating osteoarthritis of the knee.
- Hip Osteoarthritis (Degenerative Arthritis of the Hip)
WebMD explains osteoarthritis of the hip joint, from diagnosis to prevention and how to manage the pain.