Who should not take NSAIDs?
Ask your doctor before taking an NSAID if:
- You have had serious side effects from taking a pain reliever or fever reducer.
- You have a higher risk of stomach bleeding.
- You have stomach problems, including heartburn.
- You have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease.
- You have asthma.
- You take a diuretic medication.
From: What Are NSAIDs for Arthritis? WebMD Medical Reference
More Answers On Osteoarthritis
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.