- Has my ovarian cancer spread?
- Do I have to have both of my ovaries removed? If so, will I have hot flashes?
- How confident are you that all of the cancer has been removed?
What are my treatment options? Surgery? Chemotherapy? Radiation Therapy? Targeted therapy? Hormone therapy?
How long will I have to undergo chemotherapy?
- What side effects should I look for? Are there ways to minimize these side effects?
- Will I need any additional surgery?
- Should I be tested for the BRCA-1 BRCA-2 mutations? What will the results tell me?
- What signs should I look for that might indicate the ovarian cancer has come back?
- How often should I come in for follow-up visits?
- Will this diagnosis change my recommendation for mammograms?
Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Ovarian Cancer
Medically Reviewed by Sabrina Felson, MD on June 13, 2021