What are other treatments for musculoskeletal pain?
Other treatments may include:
- Injections with anesthetic or anti-inflammatory medications in or around the painful sites
- Exercise that includes muscle strengthening and stretching
- Physical or occupational therapy
- Acupuncture or acupressure
- Relaxation/biofeedback techniques
- Osteopathic manipulation (a whole system of evaluation and treatment designed to achieve and maintain health by restoring normal function to the body)
- Chiropractic care
- Therapeutic massage
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.