What Are the Symptoms of Bursitis?
Common symptoms of bursitis include:
- Pain, inflammation, and (rarely) swelling in the shoulders, elbows, hips, or knees, particularly stretching or extending the joint while exercising, lifting, or otherwise pushing the joint to its limits
- Restricted or lost range of motion in a joint, especially affecting the shoulder, with or without immediate pain
- Muscle weakness due to pain
Call Your Doctor About Bursitis If:
- Pain in or near a joint persists more than a few days.
- You are unable to move the affected area.
- You have unusual swelling near a joint, such as the elbow.
- You have a fever with your bursitis symptoms.