Your baby may have:
- A red rash
- Red and scaly skin in the area that a diaper covers --- around the genitals and buttocks -- and where the diaper touches the thighs
- More discomfort, especially at diaper-changing time
It may not affect the whole area that the diaper covers.
Severe diaper rash could be bleeding, with raw skin.
When to Call Your Doctor
- Your baby has a fever.
- Your baby is less than 6 weeks old.
- You see no improvement after a few days of home treatment or anytime it seems to be getting worse rather than better.
- Pus comes from your baby’s rash.