T. Berry Brazelton Pediatrician: How will my newborn react to his mommy and daddy? If you hold them up like this and talk to them. How you doing? A newborn will stop moving, its face will knit, it will turn to your voice and it'll lean toward you. And if I put a mother over there and we both talk any newborn worth its salt chooses the female voice and turns to her. She leans forward and says you know me already. And if fathers will do it with me, 80% of babies will choose their fathers voice instead of mine. And the other 20% I tip their head and at the point every father says, you know me. How do they react as they age? We have some research that shows that by two months of age, a mother and a father behave differently with their babies. And the baby behaves differently with them. At two months of age, when the mother looms in sight the baby goes like this..Oooohhhh...and fingers, toes, mouth, eyes are different. When the father comes in they all go like.....play with me, at two months of age the baby's trying to tell us, I valve these differences.