Here is a colorful and tasty Green Eggs and Ham recipe from FIT's Chef Lizzie. Try making it at home with your kids.
- Crack 1 whole egg into mixing bowl.
- Crack second egg into small bowl; remove and discard the yolk.
- Add egg white of second egg to mixing bowl with whole egg. Scramble eggs with pesto.
- Tear the ham into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat pan on medium heat. Add butter and move butter around to coat pan. Pour egg mixture into pan. Add ham pieces to egg mixture.
- Slowly move eggs in the pan in a push/pull motion with spatula until cooked. Top with cheese.
Green Eggs and Ham can be served with a small fruit salad topped with a drizzle of honey or agave nectar and sesame seeds or chopped walnuts. It can also be served with a side of whole-grain toast topped with 100% all-fruit preserves.