Want a fun and tasty dinner the kids can help you make? Try FIT's Chef Lizzie's Salmon Turtles recipe. This salmon recipe is extra-healthy because the fish is steamed. Chef Lizzie calls them salmon turtles because of the foil pouches used for steaming the fish. They learned this trick in the Girl Scouts. Mashed Cauliflower makes a great side dish.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Rinse fish with water and pat dry.
- Brush both sides of fish pieces with olive oil and place them skin side down onto foil.
- Fold up foil edges slightly so liquids do not spill out.
- Season with salt, pepper and rosemary. Place 2 lemon slices and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice on top of each fillet.
- Wrap up fillets tightly in foil turtles.
- Place foil turtles in a shallow cooking pan and bake for 12 minutes.
Let cool to touch. Unwrap turtles and place fish on plates.