PREVIOUS QUESTION:

 

NEXT QUESTION:

 

Where is prostate cancer found?

ANSWER

In more than 90% of time, prostate cancer is found while it’s confined to the prostate gland or has spread only a bit beyond that. That’s called a regional spread. The other 10% of prostate cancers are found after they’ve spread to distant part of the body. Almost 4 out of 10 men in those cases can expect to live at least 5 more years on average.

From: If Prostate Cancer Comes Back WebMD Medical Reference

SOURCE: 

American Cancer Society. 
 

Reviewed by Louise Chang on April 22, 2019

SOURCE: 

American Cancer Society. 
 

Reviewed by Louise Chang on April 22, 2019

NEXT QUESTION:

How is recurrence of prostate cancer found?

WAS THIS ANSWER HELPFUL

THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.

    This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.

    Other Answers On: