Health & Sex Features
The 5 Love Languages: 1 Couple's 7-Day Test
- Sex After a Hysterectomy
Sex after a hysterectomy is a major concern for many women considering this surgery, but it doesn’t have to be.
- How to Find a Transgender-Friendly Therapist
If you’re a transgender person, it can be a challenge to find a gender-affirming therapist. Here are steps you can take to find supportive mental health care.
- Finding a Transgender-Friendly Doctor
Transgender medical care can be complex. Here’s how to find an affirming doctor who’s right for you.
- When You're a Lot Older (or Younger) Than Your Partner
Age differences of 10 years or more may spur couples to treasure each other’s life experience.
- Libido Loss: When Men Don’t Want Sex
It’s natural for men to be less interested in sex as they age. But what about total loss of libido? Find out why it happens and how to fix it.
- Good Sex: 5 Therapists Share 5 Approaches to a Healthy Sex Life
Certified sex therapists have particular fields of expertise and distinct ways of working with individuals and couples. Here are five of their approaches.
- Warning Signs That Your Partner Is Controlling
Learn about the warning signs of a controlling partner.
- Warning Signs of Sexual Abuse in Children
You can help protect children in your life by knowing the signs of child sexual abuse.
- What to Know About Being an Adult Survivor of Child Abuse
Find out what you need to know about surviving child abuse and how it may affect health.
- How to Deal With Being Annoyed With Your Partner
Learn about being annoyed with your partner, including how to ask for what you need.
- How to Stay Safe on Dating Apps
Are you interested in dating online? Read about how you can protect yourself to the best of your ability.
- How To Love Again After a Breakup
Struggling to find love again? Learn more about moving on after a breakup, coping, and how to find new love.
- How to Support Someone Who Has Survived Sexual Abuse
If your friend has disclosed their story of sexual abuse to you, learn about how you can support them.
- Why Health Care Isn't Equal for People in the LGBTQ+ Community
LGBTQ people face many barriers when trying to access health care, which leads to worse outcomes.
- How to Deal With a Controlling Mother
Does your mother still try to control your life even though you have your own home, career, and kids? Controlling moms may fear letting go because they worry about you. Learn how to set boundaries, engage in respectful discussions, and learn when to let some differences of opinion slide.
- How to Stop Feeling Lonely When You’re in a Relationship
Even if you’re part of a couple, you may still feel lonely from time to time. Here’s how to spot the signs of trouble and what to do.
- How to Deal With Toxic Parents
Not every parent-child relationship is healthy. If you have a toxic parent it can be hard to shed the child role and look after yourself. Learn how to spot toxic parental behavior, lose guilt, set boundaries, and practice self-care.
- Mandy Moore Reclaims Her Power
After drifting awhile, This Is Us actor Mandy Moore turns to hiking to reclaim her health and happiness. "I find it so meditative and grounding. It's sort of the perfect cure-all," she says.
- Get Your Sex Life Back After Baby
Is your mama mojo a no go after baby? Take your time and get back on track.
- Create Quality Time With Your Partner
Three ways to make time for your relationship.
- Get Closer: Act Like a Long-Distance Couple
Keep communication strong and strengthen your relationship.
- 7 Awesome Erogenous Zones
Try these moves tonight and find pleasure in unexpected places.
- Accept Your Partner's Friends
How to keep an open mind with the company your partner keeps.
- Online Dating 2.0
Can finding someone nearby or with a similar background make for compatibility? Thanks to dating apps, you can fast-track the dating process.
- What Is a Sexual Fetish?
Just because your partner likes to see you in sexy high heels doesn’t mean he has a fetish. Fetishes can be part of a healthy sex life, but they can also be the signs of a sexual disorder.
- Sticky Sex Situations
From sex with an ex to getting caught in the act, we all have embarrassing moments. Here are tips to help you handle them with grace.
- Can Couples Counseling Help?
You know to see a doctor for an ache or cough that won't go away. But where can you turn if your relationship needs a shot in the arm?
- Fight the Good Fight: Turn Spats Into Solutions
Six ways to turn spats into solutions.
- Emotional Cheating: Are You Guilty?
Does emotional infidelity count as cheating? Psychologists say yes. And it can ruin your relationship.
- Dating Deal-Breakers
Is your new romance off to a bad start? Know the signs that it may be time to end the relationship with these 10 dating deal-breakers.
- Dating After Divorce: When Is the Right Time?
Divorced people can figure out whether they're emotionally ready to start dating again.
- When Your Mom Sides With Your Ex
How to cope when your friends and family keep ties with your ex.
- 10 Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
When you're in the mood, it's a sure bet that the last thing on your mind is boosting your immune system or maintaining a healthy weight. Yet good sex offers those health benefits and more.
- How to Rekindle the Spark in Your Relationship
Has your sizzle fizzled? Reconnect with your partner.
- 6 Signs You're a Bad Lover
Feel like sex isn't what it ought to be? These 6 habits may signal that you've fallen into some bad sex habits. Changing them can get your sex life humming again.
- 6 Common Sex Mistakes Women Make
These 6 common mistakes women make may keep you from the sexual pleasure you deserve. But you can fix them.
- May-December Couples: 5 Challenges, Solutions
WebMD talks to experts about the challenges of May-December relationships, in which there is a big age gap between partners.
- Turn Mediocre Sex into Great Sex
When the sex is bad, what can you do to make it better? Experts share their answers in this WebMD article.
- 6 Ways to Get in the Mood
WebMD talks to experts about how to get in the mood with your partner when you're not in the mood.
- Does a Better Relationship Mean Better Health?
WebMD talks to experts about the possible health benefits of marriage and other long-term relationships.
- The Secrets of Sex Therapy
What really happens behind closed doors when a couple goes to a sex therapist's office?
- Dealing With Your Ex on Special Occasions
Getting along with your former spouse or partner may be impossible at times, but if you have kids, there are going to be birthdays, holidays, graduations, weddings and other occasions when the two of you will have to be together.
- 6 Marriage Mistakes Women Make
WebMD talks to experts about common marriage mistakes women may make.
- Keeping Your Marriage Strong -- Even With Kids
Raising kids isn't easy. Do you know the keys to staying happily married with children?
- Are You in a Codependent Relationship?
If you find yourself making lots of sacrifices for your partner's happiness but don't get much in return, you might be in a codependent relationship. Learn the warning signs and what you can do to get things on an even keel.
- Kissing Secrets Revealed
WebMD talks about kissing, how it strengthens romance, and how to kiss better.
- Lost Your Sex Drive?
Top libido busters, from medical conditions to stress, could be causing your lowered sex drive.
- 6 Truths About Marriage No One Ever Tells You
From handling conflicts to dealing with in-laws, there are several things many couples aren't prepared for when they marry. WebMD highlights several topics that can affect your relationship.
- 10 Signs Your Partner's Still Into an Ex
WebMD discusses how to know if your partner is still into an ex-relationship and how to resolve the problems that arise. Learn how to work together and eliminate jealousy.