When do I need immediate help for my sexual problem?


  • If intercourse suddenly becomes painful. For example, you may have an infection or other medical condition that requires prompt attention.
  • If you have reason to believe you have a sexually transmitted disease, you and your partner both need to be treated right away, as do any other sexual partners either of you may have.
  • Any unusual reaction to sexual activity, such as headache, brief chest pain, or pain elsewhere in the body, also warrants a visit right away.

From: Women's Sexual Problems WebMD Medical Reference

Reviewed by Nivin Todd on April 10, 2018
Reviewed by Nivin Todd on April 10, 2018


What are symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)?


THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.

    This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.

    Other Answers On: