What Are the Symptoms of Female Sexual Problems?
The symptoms of female sexual problems include:
- Lack of sexual desire, sexual fantasies, or interest in sexual contact
- Lack of signs of sexual arousal, including vaginal lubrication, erection of the clitoris and nipples, and swelling of the labia despite adequate sexual stimulation
- Inability to reach an orgasm despite adequate sexual stimulation and signs of arousal
- Painful spasm of the muscles around the vagina
- Pain with vaginal penetration
- Sensation of burning or pain, either in the vulva and the external areas of the vagina, or deep within the pelvis
Call Your Doctor About Sexual Problems If:
- You or your partner are experiencing significant distress due to sexual dysfunction.
- You lack any desire for sexual contact.
- You are unable to become sexually aroused or to have an orgasm, either as a new development or as a lifelong problem.
- You experience pain with intercourse or vaginal penetration.
- You are unable to participate in intercourse or vaginal penetration because you have involuntary muscle spasms around the vagina.