When you make it a habit to get good sleep, you’re healthier and you feel better. See how many of these things you can do in the next 30 days.
1. Go to sleep and wake up at about the same times every day.
2. Make your bedroom dark, quiet, and comfy.
3. Try to get 7-8 hours of shut-eye per night.
4. Don’t eat a big meal close to your bedtime.
5. Get up and read a book if you can’t sleep.
6. Take your computer and TV out of your bedroom.
7. Put your smartphone in a drawer, so the screen light doesn’t keep you up.
8. Try not to nap.
9. Avoid caffeine at least 6 hours before bedtime.
10. Exercise most days this week. Do it early in the day if you find that later workouts hamper your sleep.
11. Start a sleep diary. Write down how well and how long you rest.
12. Don’t drink alcohol at night.
13. Talk with your doctor about any sleep problems you often have.