What kinds of prescription drugs may cause sleep problems?
Prescription drugs that may cause sleep problems include:
- High blood pressure drugs like beta blockers
- Hormones such as oral contraceptives
- Steroids, including prednisone
- Inhaled respiratory drugs
- Diet pills
- Seizure medications
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder stimulant medications
- Some antidepressants
From: Drug- and Alcohol-Related Sleep Problems WebMD Medical Reference
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.