What practices might help sleep problems during menopause?
You may ease sleep problems during menopause if you:
- Keep a regular bedtime schedule, including going to bed at the same time every night.
- Exercise regularly. But don't do it right before you go to bed.
- Avoid extra caffeine.
- Don't take naps during the day. They can keep you up at night.
- Talk to your doctor about prescription medications that can help you sleep.
- Make sure you empty your bladder before bed.
From: Sleep and Menopause WebMD Medical Reference
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.