Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
1) Juan Silva / Getty Images
2) eugenesergeev / Thinkstock
3) djokovicdjordje / Thinkstock
4) Solovyova / Thinkstock
5) Kelvin Murray / Getty Images
6) Hemera Technologies / Thinkstock
7) Wavebreakmedia Ltd / Thinkstock
8) Wavebreakmedia Ltd / Thinkstock
10) Torbjrn Larsson / EyeEm / Getty Images
11) Flying Colours Ltd / Thinkstock
12) Wavebreakmedia Ltd / Thinkstock
13) gpointstudio / Thinkstock
14) Pixland / Thinkstock
15) moodboard / Thinkstock
Harvard Health Publications: “What type of mattress is best for people with low back pain?”
Mayo Clinic: “Sleep apnea,” “Pregnancy week by week: How should I position myself for sleep during pregnancy?”
National Sleep Foundation: “How Cuddling Affects Your Sleep.”
The Better Sleep Council: “Sleep Positions.”
Reviewed by Neha Pathak, MD on September 11, 2019
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.