What treatment???? There is no treatment!! It is a drink - that is all it is. Where is all of this craziness coming from? Is the carton of yogurts next? I did not rate it because there is no treatment. I will give it a 5 star for taste but there is no category for taste; however, it would not let me post unless I gave it a one star - no fair WebMD. SO DO NOT TAKE THE ONE STAR RATING SERIOUSLY...

TR | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
8/10/2021
Condition: Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)

Oh Kefir! Why didn't I know about you when I was young, you tasty little miracle food? If I had known, I would've been eating/drinking it the whole time. I make my own and use it to make green smoothies which I drink almost daily. I also use it to make my own yogurt and sour cream. No more IBS, urgent bowel movements, acid reflux, stomach pain, nausea, or fatigue. I just feel GOOD all the time! Even my junk food loving hubby loves it! As I'm typing this, I just remembered something else. I haven't had to take a magnesium supplement in a long time for RLS. It's gone too! One other thing worth mentioning is that even people with lactose intolerance can drink it. The kefir grains feed on the lactose (milk sugar) and turn it into lactic acid. Even so, I had to start out with just a few ounces in the beginning but now I can drink it as much as I want.Read More Read Less

2/12/2018
Condition: Stomatitis
Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
1/27/2018

it works initially, but then it stops working. So one had to increase the dosage. Worrisome, as I am afraid of unwanted colonization

Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
3/10/2017

I developed acid reflux from taking osteoporosis drugs (Actonel). Stopped taking Actonel and started taking Kefir with wonderful results. I no longer have acid reflux and it has also improved my lactose intolerance problem. I can't say enough about positive things about Kefir!!!

Age: 65-74 |
12/24/2016
babyduck | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
3/7/2016

Was having heart burn and gallbladder pain. Started eating yogurt and drinking kefir type drinks. The heartburn and gallbladder pain have decreased to almost no discomfort.

Awela2010 | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
11/25/2015

I have only been drinking Kefir for 7 days...the results ARE UNBELIEVABLE!!! My digestion has improved greatly, the constant burping has almost stopped, my stomach has shrunk that even my hubby noticed it (he never notices anything with me)...After all these years of trying/using different pills, liquids, acid blockers, anti-acid meds, being trated by five different gastroenterologists, I finally tried something that's not a chemical and has worked!!!! I'm still in awe!! Thanks to my primary doctor Dr. Yussaff from Woodland Park, NJ who suggested me to try this...Read More Read Less

Kathy | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
9/15/2015
Condition: Diarrhea

Sick with C-Dif, I was on anti-biotics first from GP then Gastroenterologist for 3 months! If you have ever experienced or know of anyone who has gone through this you understand. I lost 30 pounds! Not because I was trying to loose weight! My life was completely disrupted with constantly having to go to the bathroom. I was seeking healing from God when a friend heard about Milk Kefir and told me about it. Don't purchase a "starter kit" from Cultures for Health. The grains will die in a short time and you will find yourself without the healing elixir. I was very up-set and panicked when I realized what was going on, simply because I was beginning to improve...I was still trying to figure out if my consumption of Kefir was actually helping. At this point I was between antibiotic treatments. to my utter dismay my grains were getting smaller and smaller! Slightly panicked I purchased Milk Kefir grains from Cultures for Health once again; this time I did not purchase the "starter kit"! When growing grains there is a certain time frame needed before consumption can occur. As time passed and I learned about this product and gathered more information and adjusted my lifestyle everything became so clear and easy to understand. Several weeks later I purchased Milk Kefir grains on E-bay for the very low price of $5.00! I grew the grains separately from my other grains and now I am extremely pleased with the results of my purchase on E-Bay! After spending close to $2,000 on Dr.s and medicine and $50.b00 on Cultures for Health I highly recommend the E-Bay purchase. Milk Kefir has brought health back to my body. I am 99% free from the symptoms of C-Dif; after consuming Kefir for 24 days; I followed up with the Dr. and he released me. Now and then I will have diarrhea, but not anything like what I was experiencing. My Gastroenterologist told me if I ever had to take anti-biotics again that I should take the pro-biotics/milk kefir at the same time to help maintain good health.Read More Read Less

tmc | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
7/27/2015
Condition: Diarrhea

I had constant/chronic heartburn, that medication in turn caused a very upset gut. Everything I read pointed to probiotics. First day on them, no heartburn, gut stopped constant gurgling. I didn't have to worry about how far I was from a restroom. So far so good, after a few weeks, when I am sure everything has settled down I will probably reduce to a maintenance dose.

6/30/2015
G. W. | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
6/17/2015
Condition:

My LDL went down 30 points in 3 months drinking home made kefir made with dairy grains. I use grass fed organic milk, non homogenized. More bloodwork to follow up in a week or so. Will return with new information. G. W.

GEKATA | Age: 25-34 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
5/28/2015
Condition: Antibiotic-associated diarrhea

In fact, there is no reliable evidence that Kefir is anything more than a (moderately disgusting) food. The patient with the Kefir turned out to have a Helicobacter pylori infection which I treated with antibiotics and an acid reducing medication. But commercial doing good money from naive folks.

4/8/2015
Condition:

I have been drinking 1 cups of home-made Kefir for about 2 mount. I have noticed an increase in happiness, stemming from just feeling lighter and better, I sleep better my nails are growing very so much. I have had regular daily bowel movements. Since the Kefir I feel much more energy, I am moving so much, I feel incredible! I have also lost some weight...When I first used it, I did get some cramping and running to the bathroom, but after that initial response, my experience has been enjoyable. this stuff is a Blessing! Read More Read Less

The_Scotsman | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
3/23/2015
Condition: Diarrhea

Last fall I developed severe watery diarrhea associated with extreme fecal incontinence. The only treatment that I used was kefir, 12 oz. po bid. Within forty eight hours I hard soild stools again. I was amazed at how fast and side effect free this treatment worked for such extreme watery diarrhea.

Rit | Age: 25-34 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
2/13/2015
Condition: Stomatitis
Mark-UK | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
10/30/2014

I started with stomach problems and had severe bout of diarrhoea. I also had some bleeding. I was referred to the hospital for further tests & am awaiting MRI scan as my Calprotectin level was 495 & it should be 50 or below. This indicates I may have Crohn's disease. In the meantime I was suffering with bubbling stomach bloating and generally it was making my life miserable. I was looking for natural remedies that could ease the discomfort and came across Kefir. However as I have issues with gluten and dairy I decided to try the Kefir water grains and brew them myself. Wow, what a transformation. My stomach bloating/bubbling was massively reduced within 24 hours and I started to feel like my old self again. I take the water approx 20 minutes after eating and last thing at night before i go to bed. just a small glass and it's made such a difference. It's easy to make, tastes good and it's natural.Read More Read Less

Rsaxon319 | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
8/29/2014
Condition: Diarrhea

I was diagnosed with Lymohicytic Microscopic Colitis ~4 yrs ago. This disease in down in the tissue of the colon. It has made me lactose intolerant, sensitive to many medications and really hinders you from lots of activities. You never know when you are going to have an episode for it hits very quickly and you have to be near a restroom. My gastrologist told me to try Keifer and that I could get the milk at many grocery stores. I have now been on one cup a day for a year and can truly say that it has I been a great benefit to me. My colitis has abated some and the pain is not as severe as it was so I highly recommend the Kefir. Read More Read Less

Age: 35-44 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
6/25/2014
consumer | Age: 55-64 |
5/25/2014

This is a product that is extremely good for the body as it is a magnet for for bad things in the body and very cleansing. It leaves me with much more energy and well being. It has helped with digestion immensely.

Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
5/20/2014

I am Russian and drink kefir since I remember myself, my mother start to give it to me then I was just a few months old. I never had any problems with kefir and I love it. I never looked at the kefir as a medicine, it always was a food.