There seems to be a lack of distinction in this review between lithium OROTATE (available w/o a prescription), and Lithium CARBONATE (prescription only). I was diagnosed with Bipolar I when I was 16, (upon having my 1st manic episode requiring in-patient hosp.) I took lithium carbonate for more than 30 years. I then (slowly) transitioned to lithium orotate, due to concerns of side effects with th...

I was misdiagnosed with Bipolar Disorder when I was 6 years old and this vile substance was forced down my throat for 11 years. The end results during my formative years, and current health/future health were disastrous. Iv seen it erode away at the minds of family members who took it as well, and who sadly refuse to do without.

Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
5/25/2019
Condition: Bipolar disorder

It stabilizes my mood but far too many side effects. The worst is muscle spasms and cramping in my feet and hands. I don't see that as a listed side effect but it is for me. Stopped taking it for awhile because of that. Started again and frequent muscle spasms returned

Fluffy | Age: 25-34 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
7/11/2018

I took this for my mood swings with borderline personality disorder and had horrible side effects. Constant diarrhea (literally every hour, day and night), nausea, loss of appetite, headaches and general sluggishness. I noticed some difference in my anxiety, but can't deal with the diarrhea. Doctor is putting me on something else. I hope you have better luck.

lfreckle27 | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
4/30/2018
Condition: Bipolar disorder

Have taken Lithium in combination with Depakote and my systems have been relieved for 17 years and it has allowed me to live a very productive life. Prior to taking I was taking a tricyclic anti-depressant which only made things worse.

crickett | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
1/7/2018
Condition: Depression

Has eliminated suicidal depression that ssri's did not touch. I take 80 MG of Lithium aspartate per day. The main side effect is itching scalp and skin. For that I take Inositol. And that works too.

7/20/2017