I was misdiagnosed with Bipolar Disorder when I was 6 years old and this vile substance was forced down my throat for 11 years. The end results during my formative years, and current health/future health were disastrous. Iv seen it erode away at the minds of family members who took it as well, and who sadly refuse to do without.

Mirsad | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
9/3/2021
Condition: Depression

Took lithium oratate 5mg it made me really bad .took another 5mg the next day and still the same .Won’t be using again

On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
8/18/2021
Condition: Bipolar disorder

When I took 450 mg twice per day, I was lethargic, thinking slowly. My family noticed this. But the levels in my body were normal according to my doctor. I went to my clinic and they took me to the ER. They dropped my dosage down to 300mg twice a day and that helped much better.

Aisha | Age: 25-34 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
8/4/2021
Condition: Bipolar disorder

i started lithium in may my body overheats alomst everyday.its making me eat alot. but other than that it really helps with my mood swings and manic attacks.

Annemarie Sulli | Age: 35-44 |
7/20/2021
Condition: Bipolar disorder

It keeps me from having less emotion. I don't cry as much

Sonja | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
6/29/2021
Condition: Depression

I live with Schizoaffective Disorder Depressive Type and PTSD. This med helped a little with anxiety but little for anything else. I take NSAIDS and nerve pills as well as BP medication. Side effects from Lithium too much for me. No loose stools though weird had opposite effect.

Age: 25-34 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
5/16/2021
Condition: Bipolar disorder

This is my favorite mood stabilizer I have been on. The only trouble is making sure you are within the therapeutic range. I slipped out of it and nose dived into a depression for over a month. The only side effect I experienced was weight gain and to be honest if being 25 pounds heavier is the cost of being stable I will take it. It is so nice to not have my life ruled by mood episodes. I feel like I can actually be a productive member of society.

Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
5/25/2019
Condition: Bipolar disorder

It stabilizes my mood but far too many side effects. The worst is muscle spasms and cramping in my feet and hands. I don't see that as a listed side effect but it is for me. Stopped taking it for awhile because of that. Started again and frequent muscle spasms returned

Fluffy | Age: 25-34 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
7/11/2018

I took this for my mood swings with borderline personality disorder and had horrible side effects. Constant diarrhea (literally every hour, day and night), nausea, loss of appetite, headaches and general sluggishness. I noticed some difference in my anxiety, but can't deal with the diarrhea. Doctor is putting me on something else. I hope you have better luck.

lfreckle27 | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
4/30/2018
Condition: Bipolar disorder

Have taken Lithium in combination with Depakote and my systems have been relieved for 17 years and it has allowed me to live a very productive life. Prior to taking I was taking a tricyclic anti-depressant which only made things worse.

crickett | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
1/7/2018
Condition: Depression

Has eliminated suicidal depression that ssri's did not touch. I take 80 MG of Lithium aspartate per day. The main side effect is itching scalp and skin. For that I take Inositol. And that works too.

7/20/2017
medhead | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
7/10/2017
Condition: Bipolar disorder

it has worked this is the best i have felt in along time

me me | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
4/28/2017
Condition: Depression

this drug almost took over my mind , I stop taking it because it made me feel funny and I didn't like the way I was feeling so I stop big mistake I should have had a told someone my mind was tripping , I was so scared I dint know what to do , so I went out in my yard and started to pick weeds out I stayed out there at least ten hour ,it seem like it took over one side of my mind and them it was trying to take over the other side please take caution when taking this medicine it will take over your mind ,I should not have been giving this kind of treatment so please be carful you will be dependent on this for the rest of your life . when I was at the doctor office the patient their was in bad shape they really needed this stuff .I was like I don't want anything controlling me like this medicines was trying to do take this only if you are messed up anyway because if you take it you will be at the mercy of the doctor and the medication . I usually don't take time out to write this kind of thing ,but I felt I had to just in case I could help someone ,by telling my story I hope I did ,its a bad drug, unless you are already messed up in the head I was only depressed, I am now on the right medications thanks please please be aware Read More Read Less

Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
4/17/2017
Condition: Bipolar disorder

I have control over my Bipolar Disorder. Lithium allows me to slow down and think clearer and make better thoughts. Law abiding thoughts. I get to see the outcome before I do something.

Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
10/20/2016
Condition: Bipolar disorder

Taken Lithium for about 50 years. Has been responsible for a full life etc.

Kchris01 | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
10/3/2016
Condition: Bipolar disorder

Causes lack of energy, physical drive and ability to maintain thought process. Weakness in hands , arms and legs.

cutekittn | Age: 19-24 | On supplement for 5 to less than 10 years |
8/28/2016
Condition:

the lithium ate through my stomach and made holes so now my stomach has problems

kmlvr9 | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 5 to less than 10 years |
4/27/2016
Condition:

I am bipolar II. My depressions border along the lines of almost psychotic. I take 900 mg. lithium. I can't take lithium carbonate. Causes me toxicity such as dizziness, uncoordination, confusion. So my dr. began giving me Eskalith, which is a time release tablet that releases lithium slowly. This helps to prevent lithium toxicity. Lithium and my antidepressant, Imipramine taken together actually catapults my severe mental depression back to my normal state of mind. I am grateful for these two medications. Read More Read Less

Jazzy123 | Age: 13-18 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
4/25/2016
Condition: Bipolar disorder

this medication is good for the most part, but there are some side effects. When taking the lithium i sweat a lot more i shake. So when I am doing speeches for school my hands shake even if I am not nervous. I am comfortable speaking in front of people but the tremor is noticeable to others. My hands also become cold easily. But being a hormonal teenager could also be affecting it. It can sometimes make you tired and it helps my bipolar episodes.

chelleco | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
11/3/2015
Condition: Bipolar disorder

There seems to be a lack of distinction in this review between lithium OROTATE (available w/o a prescription), and Lithium CARBONATE (prescription only). I was diagnosed with Bipolar I when I was 16, (upon having my 1st manic episode requiring in-patient hosp.) I took lithium carbonate for more than 30 years. I then (slowly) transitioned to lithium orotate, due to concerns of side effects with the carbonate. I am extremely happy with the orotate (no side affects, and VERY effective!) after almost 3 years. Hope this is helpful to someone out there, who might want to research further.Read More Read Less