I have been taking 2000 mg's of Black Currant oil (4 capsules) a day for 9 weeks now. I initially started taking it for shedding/thinning/brittle hair. Then I discovered that it was REALLY lessening the intensity of my HOT FLASHES! HALLELUJAH!!! Since taking BCO my (AA 4C) hair has dramatically stopped shedding/thinning and is becoming really, really thick! REALLY! I was prepared to...

good

BohemianFeline | Age: 35-44 |
2/25/2021
Condition: General Health And Wellness

Im originally stared taking this as a skin & hair supplement & within 2 months I noticed that my painful adenomyosis & endometriosis was drastically reduced to almost nothing, literally mild cramping. I ran out of supplements & stopped buying more & the adeno/endon pain came right back with a vengeance. As soon as I started the 2000mg black current seed oil again, the period pain went away again. I’m trying to understand how & why this works so well. Hysterectomy is my only option, but I’m not ready for that yet, so I’ll continue taking my supplements, but wish I understood how it works. This supplement also stopped my hands & lips from cracking in the cold, dry winter air. I use “Red Carpet” by Hum Nutrition. Any other black currant seed oil supplement doesn’t work as well.

Lob | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
12/30/2019
Condition: High blood pressure
Yaffle | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
12/9/2018

Jan-June 2018 saw me starting to get intense menopausal hot flushes at least twice a day and uncomfortable at night too.. Was starting to interfere with work. I went to a well woman clinic to ask about HRT and the nurse suggested to research natural remedies first as I am still occasionally menstruating. So, I discovered the reviews for menopause relief mentioned blackcurrant oil as an effective remedy. I started with a high dose of 1000mg per day mid June 2018. Within 5 days of taking, my flushes became very mild and within 2 weeks the crazy intense flushes had stopped entirely. 6 months on, I have not had a hot flush... If I miss a few days dosage, I notice the heat trying to rise... So now carry them everywhere in case I am caught without! To me, it is a little miracle.... Who knows if it is a coincidence or not but I am a convert to it!

Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
2/23/2017
Condition: Arthritis

Black currant seed oil was recommended by my chiropractor. It significantly reduces my arthritis pain in the winter months.

Clark | Age: 35-44 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
7/30/2016

I started taking black currant oil because I read an article in readers digest about it. It has helped me so much. I suffered from excruciating menstrual cramps and since I've been taking this I no longer experience the cramping.