Frequent UTI's - requiring IV antibiotics about 4 x a year. I have tried everything from cranberry pills to juice to antibiotic by mouth. The last UTI prior to starting D-Mannose required an overnight hospitalization. Since I found this - not one UTI. I took it originally for a week and then I take a maintenance dose twice a week. This has been a life changer for me. And I am an RN.

Everyone should be aware that D-mannose is a sugar. Every bacteria in your gut will want to get its hands on it and chow down, potentially causing overgrowth and massive gas production. Even though it can be effective for eliminating E. Coli, also be aware that other bacteria can give UTIs that this will have no effect on. Antibiotics can sometimes be necessary. A kidney infection can kill you...

Age: 75 or over | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
2/26/2021
Condition:

After bladder prolapse surgery a 1.5 years ago I promptly had SIX UTIs one right after the other and two weeks after I would finish antibiotics. Culture showed off-the-scales amount of Ecoli bacteria. Went on suppression therapy of Macrobid (which is dangerous over time); went off and technician suggested D-Mannose powder. I take 1/2 tsp (500 mg) every morning on empty stomach (to coat tract in advance). Have been taking over two months now and tho' uro/gyn wanted to put me on Bactrim suppression therapy FOR NO REASON; possibly for rest of life, I asked to stay with D-Mannose. No burning whatsoever; no telltale signs of the symptoms of UTI I am all too familiar with. Fingers crossed this good luck and result continues.

Age: 45-54 |
1/4/2021
Laura | Age: 25-34 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
12/25/2020
Condition:

I feel like many of us don’t understand how much plants and natural remedies can affect us. I decided to take D-Mannose pills after and urologist prescribed me antibiotics for frequent urination, even if the analysis came out fine. After reading the side effects of the antibiotics, I decided to try mannose first. I paid a lot of money to get it imported from the USA to my country, and began taking 2 500mg pills a day. It seemed fine, so I increased the dosage to 3 pills. A few hours later I was in a lot of pain. The inflammation in my stomach was so bad that it reached my back and couldn’t even sit down. Also, the urine became bright yellow. I stopped the mannose but ever since, I get stomach aches after each meal and I developed acid reflux. I also get cystitis episodes, in which I end up peeing up to 8 times in less than 2 hrs. I’m very angry at myself for taking this and making things much worse. I hope my experience helps somebody.

Laura | Age: 25-34 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
12/14/2020

Jenny | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
7/5/2020
Condition:

I had bladder cancer so now have a neo bladder. I suffered infections every month and was constantly on antibiotics. My consultant recommended D mannose to try, I have been on them 4 months and not one infection, to me they are like a miracle.