I have been getting cold sores/fever blisters on my lips since 8th grade. Tried everything and finally started taking virgin cold pressed coconut oil and I have been blister free as long as I'm on the coconut oil.

pros and cons of coconut oil as a supplement.

Susan | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
3/18/2021

I used the coconut oil on my hands which were covered with eczema. The eczema has all but disappeared within one week!

Age: 75 or over | On supplement for less than 1 month |
9/18/2017

Coconut oil used as a deodorant lasts long....24 hours, maybe longer! Makes my skin feel soft. Odorless!

gigi | Age: 75 or over | On supplement for less than 1 month |
12/25/2014

For common cold I take Monolaurin along with 1000 mg vitamin C; 30,000vit A and 500 mg ;Olive leaf extract;zinc lozenge; three times daily, first and second day, then ease off to once a day as cold goes thru it stages....It lightens the symptoms and discomfort of a cold completely. For me!! I have used this remedy for ten years at least.

Carole | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
4/17/2014
Condition: General Health And Wellness

Since using Virgin coconut oil which contains Lauric Acid on my skin i have experianced terrible Itching and a rash . Is this a side effect. Thankyou

Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
10/25/2012
Tbird | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
10/15/2012

pros and cons of coconut oil as a supplement.

laurpricex | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
7/29/2012
Condition: General Health And Wellness

I have shingles on my sciatic nerve and after reading about it, rubbed 100% pure coconut oil (lauric acid) over an area that was tingling, where itchy red bumps were already appearing. I rubbed the oil on the area every hour or so and within about 24 hours, the sores disappeared. I then stopped using the oil -- and that was, I believe, a mistake, since within around 2 days, another outbreak came on, much bigger this time. I was too late -- rubbing oil on it didn't make it disappear, though it lasted less time than usual. This is no scientific study, but it's the best thing I've found since using homeopathic treatments and taking Lysine, each of which stopped working after a few years of use. I'd like to see more studies done on the efficacy of this completely natural product. Read More Read Less

UNNIKRISHNAN | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
7/16/2012
Condition: General Health And Wellness

I was suffering from fungal infections on my legs and I used a lot of anti fungal creams. The moment I stop using these creams, the infection starts appearing. Then I started using coconut oil after getting advise from an MBBS doctor. Now I am free from fungal infections.

Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
1/20/2012

Alvam62 | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
10/3/2011
mary | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 5 to less than 10 years |
6/16/2010

When I started taking this my tumor markers went down and down and down until it is within normal range now.