Kratom is a gentle yet extremely effective in reducing chronic nerve pain. It also gives a relaxing feeling while being gently energizing. No side effects at all. I'm a 65 yr old petite female with spinal stenosis. My quality of life went from very poor to very tolerable with kratom. All doctors should know about this.

Kratom is deadly and addictive! I've known several people who have died and many who are struggling with terrible addiction (see Reddit thread for Quit Kratom) Please read what the FDA and National Institute for Drug Abuse (NIDA) has put out-- don't even start this drug!

Steven Jones | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
Condition: Pain

As a 60 year old carpenter-still working out of necessity- I depend on Kratom for pain management. I have no healthcare or access to pharmaceuticals, and the thought of Kratom being taken away just to satisfy corporate greed horrifies me.

CM | Age: 25-34 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
Condition: Pain

Let me start off by saying; I have been a Kratom user for the last 2 going on 3 years. I have been using all 3 main types of Kratom, White for the morning, this is best used for energy and stamina as well as reducing inflammation on the body. The green Kratom is great for non-drowsy daytime pain relief. I use both the yellow and red Kratom for night time pain as well as a sleep aid. This natural medication has been very effective for my pain relief and situation. I am a now 30 year old adult male who was diagnosed with Arterial and Neurogenic Thoracic Outlet syndrome. (TOS) This syndrome is VERY painful. Now when I first got this diagnosis I had an overzealous doctor who was at one pain management clinic that unilaterally decided to flag my chart so that I could NOT get any opioid pain medication. In my case this class of medication was the only one that worked to relieve my pain. I had to get VERY creative to find a way to relive my pain. Kratom was an excellent fill in for this issue. Fast forward to a few years, I had to get a PhD MD to get this opioid flag removed. After that, my PCP (primary care physician) has been so skittish due to the state regs and the malpractice insurance and lawyers as well; my PCP would only prescribe 15 tabs of Vicodin and that was supposed to last me 3 months. Needless to say this did NOT help the pain situation. Again Kratom, safely filled in the gap. Fast forward another few years; I was in a car crash. This added to the pain situation immensely; after bouncing through the medical system. I managed to get to another pain management clinic. This clinic is good; sadly, this clinic STILL has many issues. This is not totally their fault. In my state to get pain meds you need to submit to mandatory drug testing, sign a “pain contract” so that you can only pain meds from that one pain clinic, as well as only use one pharmacy. You can see the heavy hand of government regulation all over this place. Another issue this clinic has is the dosing and dispensing of controlled substances is “safe dosing.” what I mean by that is, they will only prescribe the minimum safe dose of whatever drug you need. If you are at the max what they deem is safe; the solution the clinic has is rather then rising the dose cap or changing to a higher drug that this point is to take me off ALL pain meds completely. This clinic (and probably most ALL these clinics) are SO risk averse because of the big scary and issue buzz word called addiction and the state, that they really don’t care if your pain is gone; which from a patient perspective that is the end goal of pain management. Again, Kratom has done great job if filling “pain gap” that the prescription drugs due to the system does not cover. This is one of the issues with the pain management system. If doctors are unable or unwilling to deal with pain on in individual basis and/or have the freedom and liberty to do what needs to be done desperate people/patients will look for alternative ways to relive their pain. Kratom is one of those ways to relive pain. If the FDA and DEA take this safe alternative off the table people/patients will turn to other FAR LESS safe drugs off the street. You cannot on the one had crackdown the legitimate pain management side and then also take the alternative natural side off the table as well, all because someone shouts the addiction bogeyman man, This will just exacerbate issues that are already here. In terms of safety, this herb I find is very safe, I am able to stop taking this herb whenever I need to. I stop taking my herb once a week. I take an est. 9 grams throughout a 24 hour period. I take no more than est. 5 grams in one dose. Many sites make it VERY clear you should not exceed “X” dose depending on what site you look at. They also say start slow and NOT to mix this with illicit drugs. If you order from people in the Kratom Association there is an excellent level of quality control. Please, guys do NOT take this safe effective p

Ralph | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
Condition: Pain

It makes back and shoulder pain tolerable so I can work

Nannette | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
Condition: Anxiety
Age: 35-44 | On supplement for 5 to less than 10 years |
Condition: Opioid withdrawal

I was addicted to opiates for about 12 years. Started as a back injury and a prescription for percocet, then progressed to oxycontin, and eventually it turned into a heroin addiction. I tried quitting several times but relapsing every time when the withdrawals and depression were to overwhelming. I spent every dime I had on heroine or oxy just to maintain and not get sick. Nothing worked for me to quit until I discovered kratom. It was a miracle. It allowed me to finally quit opiates once and for all. That was 6 years ago and I haven't relapsed. My wife used it to quit drinking after she ended up in the ICU from alcohol withdrawals around the same time that I was quitting. We have both been clean of hard drugs and alcohol for 6 years now thanks to kratom. It gives me peace of mind and it has completely changed our lives for the better. Anyone who says that kratom is bad has an agenda that they want you to believe. The truth is that kratom is a cheap and harmless treatment for pain and addiction recovery. The FDA wants to demonize kratom so their friends in the pharmaceutical industry can keep making billions off of an addicts cycle of being addicted to opiates and the rehab centers that profit off of them. Kratom is about as addictive as coffee. I have lost a few friends to oxy/heroine overdoses and I was on that path too. Kratom possibly saved my life.