Without health coverage for a period of time due to unemployment, I had to search for alternatives and came across ample evidence (online) that many, many folks report respectable decreases in blood pressure by drinking two glasses of Hibiscus Tea per day. Add me to the list of people reporting this success! I steep 5 bags of the tea in two cups of hot water. Remove the tea bags after a half hour ...

It reversed what it was intended to do. Blood Pressure went up, anxious, nervous, canâ??t sleep. Does it affect anyone else like that?

Deb | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 5 to less than 10 years |
9/2/2021
Condition:

Anyone who adds this to coffee and reports their BP is still high is not paying attention--coffee is the worst thing for HBP, as is regular tea or anything that has caffeine. I've been using hibiscus tea for years and love it. it's great iced too, with a bit of local honey dissolved when it's hot. Much better for you than regular tea or coffee, and a great lower calorie alternative to soda.

Owen | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
7/1/2021
Condition:

Would like to have seen a nutrition list including minerals

No thanks | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
6/15/2021
Condition: Hypertension

Put in coffee, at doc's office BP still high; had virtually NO effect. Not wasting money on this any more!

Caryo | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
7/19/2019
Condition:

Hibiscus tea increases nitric oxide and it works to lower blood pressure. I was running 150-170 systolic and 85-95 diastolic. Now I typically get readings like 110/65.

Lavi | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
4/1/2019
Condition: Weight loss

I bought a cup of hibiscus kiss herbal infusion at Dunking Donuts and is absolutely delicious even without sugar, as I recommend to try it. Dunking Donuts also is selling a box of this hibiscus kiss herbal infusion containing 15 pyramid sachets for almost 50 cents each, good for DD. I feel that I have less water retention, less inflammation. I would like to know what could be its interaction with my thyroid medicine.

Nancy | Age: 75 or over | On supplement for less than 1 month |
10/24/2018
Condition:

I have started drinking Hibiscus tea but several questions have not been answered by your article. Just an FYI midicinal Hibiscus is not the same variety of ornamental Hibiscus, was the poster of the article aware of this? Also could you put your dosages in better format and are the Hibiscus tea varieties sold over the counter comparable to the ones discussed in the article

TJ | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
2/9/2018
Condition:

Brings my BP down, but only for a short while. I don't want to be taking pills all through the day and it is not one of those substances that has no toxicity at high doses. Alas.

Age: 75 or over | On supplement for less than 1 month |
1/13/2018

guest | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
6/3/2017

I discovered that hibiscus tea enhanced my depression a lot. It makes a wonderful flavored tea, I was drinking it as an alternative to carbonated beverages.

CVS | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
5/13/2017
Condition:

systolic up to 167, diastolic up to 120 lisinopril 10 mg 2x daily After 3 days of 3 cups daily of Hibiscus (2 parts) and Hawthorn Berry (1 part) tea boiled 10 minutes and strained I was able to drop to 1 Lisinopril daily. I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and within 48 hours of using my c-pap, I no longer needed the tea or RX therapy.

betty | Age: 75 or over | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
4/29/2017
Condition:

it seems to lower my blood pressure somewhat

Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
9/21/2016
chris | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
7/21/2016
Condition:

Been drinking hibiscus tea since 10/15, blood work done this month also shows a significant drop in lipid panel, total cholesterol went from 253 in 11/15 to 197. Blood pressure has decreased such that I have been able to discontinue one of three meds. I make ice tea and drink it throughout the day. My cardiologist is thrilled with the results.

Pat | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
3/31/2016
Condition:

I suffer from very High Blood Pressure, I have been in the hospital because it get so high. No physician could find a bp medication to lower it. even had a small stroke. Hybiscus truly lowered top and bottom numbers. my cholesterol is norman also.

sing dance praise | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
10/16/2015
Condition:

I use a tea Traditional Medicines organic Hibiscus and it lowers my high blood pressure fast. I also started taking Hawthorn and olive leaf and it takes a few weeks for it to get into your system; they work as well; but; in the mean time I have used the tea. I also make it as an Ice tea and sip on it through the day. The Hibiscus does work; I have not yet tried the supplements.

Berryman | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
9/10/2015
Condition:

We constantly struggled with high cholesterol until we tried Fish Oil supplement called Cardio Defense by Iceland Health that contains Hibiscus as well as other herbs such as Hawthorn. Our last blood test results finally showed a definite improvement in our cholesterol numbers. My wife still has a struggle with triglycerides but her cholesterol numbers are going down and her ratio is improving dramatically . It seems to enhance the cholesterol lowering effect of statins,(just my own opinion). If it keeps working as it did the last 3 months We hope we can decrease our statin dosages.I think that will be a good thing. Read More Read Less

Jamaica flowers only | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
7/26/2015
Condition:

Jamaica has had a very calming effect on me and has also lowered my blood pressure

ChristineFlower | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
5/10/2015
Condition:

Lowers blood pressure effectively without prescription. I drink the tea some days but the 1,000mg supplements are easier. I don't like steeping a tea bag 3 times a day. But It's better than using drugs and having to worry about hair loss, kidney failure or diabetes from regular HBP meds. At this point I'm willing to try anything than taking HBP meds.

ylr | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
5/7/2015
Condition:

3 cups of hibiscus tea/day lowers my high blood pressure to normal levels. No need to buy supplements when home grown will do. The daily brewing is the pain and I now carry a thermos to make it easier

Age: 55-64 |
2/5/2015

Never noticed a problem with Hibiscus until I had a Hibiscus wine. Felt an odd rush as it went down. Less than two days later had a bronchitis attack that my doctor said was probably a reaction to the hibiscus. Took over two weeks to get over the reactive bronchitis attack. I've had herbal teas many times with no noticeable side effects, but now I'm leery of them.