I am back to report that I did find lysine to be more effective and much less expensive than valtrex. I took 3000-4000mg at signs of outbreak for 7-10 days to prevent the outbreak, but what was really my problem was Diet, I found a website that was clear on the foods that was causing me to have frequent outbreaks eventhough lysine was clearing it up faster but they were frequent because I was eat...

I am having genital out break.

Elliebell | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
11/1/2018
ed | Age: 35-44 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
9/15/2018
Condition: Herpes labialis (cold sores)

As preventive to cold sores. Controling lysine and arginine rich food intake also helps. To prevent cold sore outbreaks arginine should never be consumed in excess to lysine. Cutting seeds, nuts, chocolate, etc. also helps because they have a lot of arginine. So l-lysine suplement helps to balance daily intake. 1000 mg is the correct daily dose for most people according to body weight. More than 1000 mg daily should be taken only if necessary and for little time.

Age: 35-44 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
9/2/2018
Condition:

Don't think it made any difference at all for the HSV, but for topical infections/acne, it has been extremely helpful. Chronic acne and infection from diabetes weakened immune system, and now it's more like a few normal pimples instead of big throbbing painful oozing things and having them all over all the time.

Scotty | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
3/6/2018
Condition: Herniated disc

I usually use lysine powder because it is cheaper, and tablets when traveling for convenience. Is is simple and effective, provided I increase the dose when I am stressed or exhausted. outbreaks are now rare and less severe. EFT tapping is effective to reduce stress and aids in prevention. Large doses 3+ grams 4 x daily at the first tingle will usually prevent an outbreak. Zinc, vitamin C and B and E have some benefit as well, but Lysine is king!

Melanie | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
1/26/2018

I believe this helps for depression. I have been taking this supplement for at least 20 years and have noticed mood elevation when I do take 4-5 thousand milligrams a day. I used to cry more when I didnt take it but now that I have aged more I notice more anger and frustration when I dont take it. Its a much more balanced quality of life for me when I take this supplement.

Cratertots | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
7/8/2017
Condition: Cold sores

I always hit my cold sores with l lysine. I also got shingles and used it for that too. I hardly got any shingles sores after I started taking it.

Mrs. Claus | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
7/1/2017
Condition: Cold sores

It has helped my skin as well as my cold sores. Great>>

Hospitaller | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
6/13/2017
Condition: Herniated disc

I've been having HSV for 35 years. After painful initial outbreak and first couple of years, the symptoms settled down to once or twice a year, despite my top stress job. Last year had a critical turning point in life wich was very difficult emotionally and stressful financially. Then came the Mother of all vicious Outbreaks with non stop pain and discomfort for months. Of course I was very distressed and couldn't function sexually at all. I waited in vain for symptoms to recede and didn't go see an MD because I knew he'd prescribe ineffectual and expensive pharma, so I started taking 1000 mg Lysine (thanks Google) about 30 days ago, every morning with plenty of juice and my usual daily dose 1000 mg vit.C. The symptoms and the pain have now completely gone and I'm back to normal... Will continue taking this therapy for another month or so, for safety, and then I'll reduce Lysine to 500 daily for another month and see what happens. I will of course keep taking my daily vit C as I have been for the past 25 years. I hope this helps someone out there...Read More Read Less

gracie | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
6/4/2017
Condition: Cold sores

anyone who takes L Lysine daily, dosage not so much of an issue, will not get cold sores anymore. it worked like magic for me.

Sue | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
3/22/2017
Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
3/6/2017
Condition: Diabetes

I use it for Diabetes and for cold sores.

Age: 35-44 |
1/9/2017
noname | Age: 35-44 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
1/1/2017
Condition:

I use super lysine+ for many years. I only take when I feel the start of a ocld sore. I take 3 pils 3x day. Often it never erupts, but even if it does, it doesn't last nearly as long as if I don't take. If I don't take till after eruption it seriously decreases the eruption time and severity. I don't take when no issues. I've recommended to friends, and they have also had similar results.

Cindy93 | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
12/22/2016
Condition:

I have taken L-Lysine for years at the onset of the tingling of herpes (simplex or shingles) and it works like a charm. 1000 mg every hours.With the shingles I also added b complex, vitamin c (1000mg) and VSC by Natures Sunshine. Shingles outbreak minimal, lasted less than 2 weeks, no residual pain, skin staining etc.

Light | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
10/28/2016
Condition:

I always have cold sores on my lips every year, after taking Lysine, my cold sore was gone since then, it's been more than a year now. Thanks God.

Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 5 to less than 10 years |
Condition: Diabetes
mary | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
6/23/2016
Condition: Herpes labialis (cold sores)

I started taking L-lysine a month ago and have not had an outbreak or side effects. I also use, daily, alcohol to clean the area and apply amino acid cream that clears the scap. Thank GOD I found out about Lysine!!!

HCW | Age: 25-34 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
6/10/2016
Condition: Cold sores

I take 2000MG Lysine every day and increase when I feel a cold sore coming on. I have been taking Lysine daily since my last cold sore outbreak on my lip and have been cold sore free for almost 2 years. I also use Zovirex when I first feel the tingle and increase Lysine and it seems to knock them out wonderfully!