Originally I bought this to help with a hemorrhoid. It did help shrink it. But for me the best side effect is it helped my allergies. It must prevent the blood vessels in my nose and throat from engorging. I'm not reacting to the pollen. It's like I'm human again. I can't stand antihistamines as they make my head feel swimmy after a few days and don't work that well for me. Butcher's Broom is ...

I so wanted this to work. It did diminish the swelling in the ankles but the bladder feels like a 5 alarm fire as well as my chest felt a bit heavy for a few hours.. I'll have to try something else..

Nani | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
5/12/2021
Condition: Varicose veins

The paint in my feet and varicose vain is almost gone walking or running for four days a week an healthy food feel younger again.

sunny |
1/21/2019
Condition: Retinopathy

Age: 75 or over | On supplement for less than 1 month |
11/19/2016
Condition: Chronic venous insufficiency (CVI)
Nana | Age: 65-74 |
11/10/2016

I've taken Butcher's Broom for over 15 years for my legs. Reduced leg heaviness & swelling.

tripkit8yahoo.com | Age: 75 or over | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
9/22/2016
Age: 35-44 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
8/7/2016

it's excellent in treating GI disorders, hypertension, and hemmorroids

VAZ8ij6u | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
6/17/2016
Master | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
4/21/2016
Condition: Venous insufficiency

This is just my second day of using Butchers Broom and I must say its awesome. I have been taking other products Gotu Kola, Magnesium Green Tea with Ginger but nothing has reduced it as much as Butchers Broom has and that's just 2 days. if this prevents venous insufficiency , blood clots, and edema on foot and ankle then I will take it one a day the rest of my life . rather that than all the big pharma medications I do not need those nasty side effects. And yes I am now doing lots of exercise no more being lazy on the couch for me. walk stretch squats . Keep your body moving. Read More Read Less

Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
9/13/2015

I started taking this herb for hemorroids and it clears them up within a day or two. But I started taking it regularly for leg cramps. It works very good for the prevention of them. I have high blood pressure and take my medicine in the morning so I wait until late afternoon to take the butchers broom. They don't react well when I take them together but no problem when taken separately.

Butcher's Broom Combo | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
5/6/2015

Started taking this for leg cramps. I had cramps in either leg at night for over a week. Since taking the combo no cramps. Side benefit is my BP has come down into the normal range.

Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
3/23/2015
Condition: Lymphedema

nly 4 days on this and my ankles and legs seem to have an effect on the swelling

gogrannygo | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
2/9/2015

This reduced my vein swelling at my ankles and feet within one week of use. I have been using it along with other herbs I'm using to reduce inflammation I have in my knee. I take fencing lessons (probably the reason my knee's inflammed), have gone to the doctor...had x-rays, prednisone, and mobic for a few weeks...was fine for a week or two, then (without fencing), it came back again. I know I'll be nursing this bugger for the rest of my life, but I refuse to take strong medications right away...they do their damage too. With joy I can tell you that my home teas are keeping me pain free for two weeks now...and I plan to take my lessons again in the near future just to see how much these teas help to keep my inflammation at bay! Read More Read Less

Annie | Age: 75 or over | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
1/25/2015
Condition: Venous insufficiency

Chronic swollen right ankle due to Parkinson's medications. Considerably improved after two weeks of Nature's Way 940mg per day.

Jeff | Age: 25-34 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
1/16/2015

I've been using this for about 1.5 weeks and the itching associated with hemorrhoids seems to be reduced/eliminated after I take 400mg of extract standardized at 10% saponins. The itching was getting pretty severe, but is now completely manageable. I use NOW brand. I've heard that you have to be on these awhile for it to work effectively, so I plan to stick with it and see how it goes! I also take Reishi mushroom powder, which is said to be helpful with hemorrhoids, but I am not sure that has had an effect. Read More Read Less

Age: 35-44 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
1/10/2015

I use it for hemorrhoids when I have a bad episode and in two days I am as good as new.

Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
9/13/2014
Condition: Venous insufficiency

Initially, I bought this for my mom X years ago. It was sitting on my shelf for a loooong time. Lately I noticed veins around my upper eye brow, temples and eye area. I thought I try a capsule of Puritan's Pride 470 mg. Within an hour I noticed the veins shrank! I was way happy. I have to use it almost daily to keep them down, on the other hand it beats looking old, esp. in the eye area. Geesh!

Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
3/15/2014
Condition: Chronic venous insufficiency (CVI)

I was diagnosed last year with an autoimmune disease known as scleraderma. I started to experience thrombosis in my legs with severe pain, swelling and throbbing of the main arteries in my legs. The acupuncturist recommended Butcher's Broom. Within a week, the pain, swelling and throbbing sensations were gone. I continue to take it once a day in the morning and have not experienced any other symptoms.

LimnerLocin | Age: 19-24 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
9/20/2013
Condition: Varicose veins

I have taken only one dose of my butcher's broom treatment, and the varicose veins in my leg are already receding. However, I took it before bed last night and, when I went to work unloading a truck this morning, I was severely weakened, and my heart felt as though it had to work harder to pump blood. The saponins in this product are an obvious concern, but altogether I would say that the positive effects likely outweigh the negative. I will, however, be very careful with the dosage and frequency with which I take it.Read More Read Less

Coon cat | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
7/4/2013
Condition: Varicose veins

It works great for me. It's natural no drugs like doctors hand out for pain. The cost is so much less too. Love the natural way best.

Shirley | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
6/2/2013

I have varicose veins, but my main problem was water retention in my ankles and feet. My doctor told me to wear compression stockings which didn't help. I checked on line for something to help and saw Butchers Broom. I went to the Nutrition Store on Thursday and bought a bottle and the swelling is about gone and my shoes are no longer tight. I have had no side effects.