I have found Frankincense essential oil by DoTerra to be very helpful with muscle and arthritis pain, nasal inflamation (when put on outside of nose and forehead), great for migraines especially due to inflamation of the neck and shoulder muscles. I find the scent to be very pleasing and tolerable. This is a very calming oil for me. I did not have a problem with use on skin. I would recommend anyo...

I purchased this for aromatherapy and experienced heart palpitations rather immediately. Thought maybe it was the combination I mixed together so tried frankincense with lavender and experienced same symptoms. No more frankincense for me! I used Best Blends Healing Solutions brand of frankincense. Love the other kinds from this brand

Amor | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
3/8/2019
Condition: General Health And Wellness

Every time I feel a cold or fever coming on, I dab a bit of frankincense (Boswellia essential oil) on my thumb and apply it directly to the velum (fleshy soft palate in the back of my mouth). I try not to drink or eat anything after, so that the frankincense do its healing without being diluted or disturbed. This has happened many times and each time, my cold or sick feeling disappeared. I'm a two-time cancer survivor and having found this extraordinary natural healing oil has truly been a God-send!

Melcool | Age: 45-54 |
1/11/2018
Tina | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
3/18/2017

On supplement for less than 1 month |
5/18/2015

I love the woody smell of Frankincense, though it is not for everyone. I put a drop of it on the roof of my mouth, and it caused slight throat constriction. I applied it to my skin, and I got slight acne. I diffused it in a diffuser, and I got a couple of sneezes about an hour's use. I am still not sure if Frankincense is the culprit. I have only used it for 3 days, so it is too soon to tell. It is the edible kind. Here is another web page I found with possible side-effects: https://www.livestrong.com/article/119824-side-effects-frankincense-oil/

krummea | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
1/5/2015

I've only been using this for about a week, but the effectiveness has been amazing. It has worked better as a pain reliever than any prescribed medicine that I have used. Used along with marjoram, it also reduces spasms along with my pain. I have secondary progressive multiple sclerosis and am now convinced that essential oils are worth looking into as a serious remedy for many of the effects of my disease.