After taking this product for a short while I experienced my first episode of diverticulitis. It could be coincidental but I don't much believe in thosse. Still recovering.

Azkatfan | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
6/7/2017
Condition: Diarrhea

Fart,Fart, Fart! If you are doing prebiotics, you need to be alone at work or at home.

cjinaz | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
9/4/2015

I have trusted Jarrow's products for many years, and continue to do so. My experience with the Jarrow-dophilus with FOS was that my depression became worse. I even started getting a bit paranoid. I had been taking the FOS for about a month. I went off of it, and I felt better. Now, I have to add that I already have a chemical imbalance and take an SSRI along with other medications for depression / mood swings. I suspect that the FOS product interferes somehow with my meds. Maybe someday, somewhere, a study will be done. Then I can read about why I had this reaction.

Mrs_MG | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
5/18/2015
Condition: General Health And Wellness

I use FOS as a pre-biotic and sprinkle it in my pro-biotic yoghurt. (This feeds the pro-biotic bacteria.) In my situation, I am taking a number of meds that kill off my friendly bacteria, so the combination of yoghurt and FOS restores the balance (at least until my next daily dose of meds). All-in-all, FOS has been extremely useful and has eliminated a number of issues (chronic constipation, bowel cramps, etc). Highly recommended, but do not take anyone's word for this -- you -must- do your due diligence and treat any supplement with respect. Most of the side-effects reported can be avoided by stepping the amount, starting with a very perhaps 5g and working up to a maximum of 20g. (So says naturesbest, where I get mine, it's called flourische). If larger amounts then give side-effects, back it off a bit until you are comfortable with the daily dose. Also, if you don't know what something is made of, don't use it, simple as! This goes for anything you put in your mouth or on your body, even if something is prescribed. Ultimately, we are responsible for our own health, not the GP, and certainly not supplement merchants. Anyone who suspects they have a food intolerance and doesn't find out what their FOS is made of is asking for serious gut issues. Starting with smaller doses will also sort this issue out quite early, if intolerance is not suspected before taking. If one brand is made of something you can't have, keep looking, there are many different brands and many different food sources of FOS, too. Good luck and good health!

BB | Age: 35-44 |
5/13/2015
Condition: General Health And Wellness

I use this to improve digestion and control food cravings. It is very important to start with a very small dose and work your way up. I started with 1 gram a day and worked my way up to 4 grams over several weeks. It also helps to divide the does into 2 or three a day. I have successfully used FOS products from source naturals and jarrow. Pinto beans and quinoa are also high in FOS so I do not supplement when I eat these regularly.

Age: 19-24 | On supplement for less than 1 month |