For the last couple of years, I cannot seem to handle any amount of Papaya, even a slice would give me upset stomach, indigestion, bloating & heartburn. I get the same reaction to Pineapple too. Just wondering, if there is a way to explain this, since everyone here seems to suggest it aids in digestion/ heartburn, etc. Thanks.

TheWatchman | Age: 55-64 |
9/28/2017

I need to know why there is "INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE" when technology wise, we're not living in the 1700's. I have trouble thinking, if you're unable to find evidence for something as simple as papaya and it's use for thousands of years, it's really misleading (funny) to put papaya under, "INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE". This is one of the typical articals I've read of many I came across when it came to your WEB MD site. It's irritating. There's plenty of science labs out there that will be glad to give evidence, so then, you won't be "INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE" w/info. You're mostly not giving the audience the info they need, they're going elsewhere for answers due to these insults of intelligence they get: driven fear "side effect". I'd like to help but what more can I say. Maybe put in more positive answers for people so they can breath easier w/relief.Read More Read Less

Age: 45-54 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
12/5/2016

Age: 45-54 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
7/31/2015
Condition: General Health And Wellness

i took it because am over weight it use it for fat burning but it is not as useful as i thought

varghese | Age: 35-44 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
9/30/2014
Condition: General Health And Wellness

It is considered as food supplement or Ayurveda preparation.

Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
7/1/2014
Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
6/21/2014
Condition: General Health And Wellness

Had surgery for psuedo cyst on pancreas. Still get pancreatic attack that hospitalize me for 3-5 days twice a year. Have not drank alchahol for 7 years.Daily papaya, 2 chunks with meals. Bowel movements are normal and have not had an attack for 8 months.feel great,think it is because of the papaya

Me | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
6/14/2014
Condition: General Health And Wellness

WARNING- at first I loved papaya tablets, they work incredibly well if you get bloating like I do, however I started getting terrible backaches. I didn't associate it with the papaya tablets at first but then I read they can cause paralysis!!! I stopped and the backaches went away. I tried them again and the backaches returned. NowI just eat slices of fresh papaya or pineapple (also has an enzyme for digestion) and that works just as well without really scary side effects.

Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
5/12/2014
Condition: General Health And Wellness

I have had nausea almost daily for over 2 years. This may be caused by the many drugs I take for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, control of A-fib, and post hepatic pain. Doctors have tried me on anti nausea pills, anti pain pills, antidepressant pills. Too many chemicals! Finally have a great GI who did the gastric emptying scan on me and found gastroparesis (slow stomach emptying) and recommended the chewable papaya enzyme. I take one with meals twice per day and finally no more nausea. Huge difference...Read More Read Less

tina417 | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
3/26/2014

I have a smaller stomach due to a Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy performed about 5 months ago. When I eat something that doesn't agree with my new stomach, or if I happen to over eat, I take four of these and within a few minutes I start to feel relief. My sister told me about this medicine, (she had Roux-N-Y done) and it worked very well for her. It's our "go-to" relief for stomach troubles. I give it to my sons if they happen to have an upset stomach or heartburn.

Doug. | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
2/12/2014
Condition: General Health And Wellness

I often have heart burn in the evening, usually two papaya tablets stops the heart burn immediately.

Age: 13-18 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
1/27/2014
Kickenapaulin | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 10 years or more |
8/8/2013
Condition: General Health And Wellness

At the first sign of indigestion, or nausea I take 1 to 4 tablets depending on the severity of symptoms. I keep a bottle by my bedside, in my kitchen cupboard, in my handbag and in the car. Do not ever want to be without it. I don't require it often, but when I need it, I need it immediately. I do not take it on a routine basis. Although, those suffering from gerd would probably do well to take it in advance on a regular basis.

Bob M | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
3/19/2011
Condition: General Health And Wellness

Useful for stomach acid and gerd

Age: 19-24 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
10/15/2010
Condition: General Health And Wellness

I have been waking up almost every morning feeling so bloated that it feels like there is a balloon inside of me. I have seen many doctors. My G.I. seems to think it is IBS but its uncommon that for me, I wake up feeling the worst. As the day goes on, the feeling somewhat subsides. I've done food logs, been tested for celiasm, allergies, etc. I was told to try Miralax, and when that didn't work I was put on an anti-depressant called "Doxepin". I tried the anti-depressant for about a month. After three weeks of taking it every night, the bloating returned. Most of the time i have a couple good weeks, then a bad week. My friend finally met someone who sounded like she suffered from similar discomfort. She recommended taking the Papaya Enzyme. I bought it over the counter and take three tablets after each meal. So far, it has been over a month since the last time I woke up with that awful bloated feeling! Hopefully, this might be the cure!! :)Read More Read Less